Monday, February 6, 2012

YOUNG & SUCCESSFUL: JEAN E. CLERVIL



Who is Mr. Jean E. Clervil? A 22-year-old gentleman from the state of New Jersey, you can describe this guy as a young entrepreneur, phenomenal motivational speaker, and author of the poetry book, “Your Life In My Hand.” He is also the creator of the “Changing Lives Pin.” Jean Clervil was born on October 4th and grew up in Orange, New Jersey. Currently attending William Paterson University as a marketing/sales major, Jean has single handily took the term “success” and ran with it. I’ve known Jean for about 2 years now and I can say that this guy is one of the brightest and talented young individuals I know. I’ve had many sit down conversations with Jean and every time we speak about life or how we are going to accomplish our goals, he goes way beyond my thoughts and gives you a different prospective on thing Jean has definitely established the motto of “Plan your work and work your plan”. Many famous and established celebrities such as Russell Simmons, LA Reid, Tony Robbins, Robin Thicke, and Kay Foxx have all tweeted Jean Clervil famous quote “A person doesn’t die when he or she reaches the grave, they die when their dreams do”. Aside being a friend, I had the privilege to have an interview with Jean.
  1. Q: Who or what motivates / inspires you to be the individual you are today? and why?


A: I find inspiration in everything and I'm not just saying that because I'm a motivational speaker. I can say that there are different levels of inspiration for me. The number one thing that motivates me is what I could be and my mother. I once read a quote from the late great, Jim Rohn, basically saying that earning a million dollars isn't the most important thing. The most important thing is the person that you had to become in order to acquire it. I keep that quote dear to my heart because I am very adamant about self-growth and personal development. My mother inspires me because she is the number one hustler I know, she did so much and then some just so that she can provide for me. Her actions show me not to accept and excuse for not making things happen.

2.              Q: What is the concept behind "Your Life In My Hands"?

A: The concept behind my book, "Your Life In My Hands," is everyday life. I wrote the book as a platform of material that anybody can relate too. The reason for the title is that I believe that ANYBODY can relate to it. I separated the book into three emotions: Love, Melancholy & Hope. I believe that it is like music on paper. People listen to music that they can relate too or would like to relate too. I believe my book does the same.

3.              Q: Where do you see yourself 5 - 10 years from now?

A: 5-10 years from now I see myself traveling and still speaking to millions across the globe. I plan to be not only a world’s renowned speaker but also be the best selling author of my second and third book. At the at time in my career, I know that other opportunities that I don't see now will have been presented to me, so I'll take them in stride. I also would make sure that my family is well taken care of.


4.              Q: What is your favorite food to eat?

A: My mother calls me Italian because I love pasta. I agree with her. I am also infatuated with Papa John's Pizza. I need an endorsement from them in the future.

5.              Q: Besides being a motivational speaker, writing books, and promoting changing lives

            pin, what do you enjoy doing on your spare time?

A: Well, you pretty much excluded everything that I love to do. Hmm...I like to go out and try new things, I'm very spontaneous. I want to go skydiving along with traveling the world. I also like to embarrass people on Madden and Call Of Duty.

6.              Q: If you can change one thing about our generation today, what would it be?

A: If there were one thing that I would like to change about our generation it would be our mental environment. When I say that I mean our mindset. The only difference between successful people and failures is their mindset. We all have the 24 hours as Oprah, Bill Gates, Jay Z and everybody else successful, so why aren't we producing the same results if not better. One of my favorite quotes are by Dennis P. Kimbro saying that, "Wealth is not arriving there, it’s earning the right to be there consciously. You will never enter the palace thinking like a peasant." Too many times we surround ourselves with people that say that things "cannot" be done. I plan on showing our generation on how to
unlock the treasure that we already possess, the power of our minds and thoughts.

Jean Clervil has not only inspired myself but he has also inspires friends, family members, and youths. As a motivational speaker, he has spoken at William Paterson, Montclair State University, and several high schools within the Essex and Union County district.  To be a 22 year old, published book author, a motivational speaker, an entrepreneur and soon to be a college graduate, I can say that Jean Clervil is a “Young & Successful” individual. A young man from a small town of Union County, with big dreams and aspiration, Jean Clervil is surely accomplishing each and every one of his dreams a step at a time.


Want to know more about Jean Clervil?
Follow him on twitter: @Jeanclervil
Website: www.powerfulyoungleaders.com

written by: Tayo Ola.

No comments:

Post a Comment